Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Weird Noise

by smashinghead, January 1, 2006

My mother in law has a 1990 camry, I think it is anyway. Her car drives fine for ten minutes, then it gets this strange shaky rubbing sound on the front right passenger side. I pulled the wheel and the brakes. The brakes are wearing unevenly from one end of the pad to the other. Also I pulled the driver side brakes and saw they were fine. The passenger side brakes are also very thin. The rotor looked fine and the wheel bearings and suspension tested fine. I noticed the dust cover was rubbing a little so I gave it more clearence. I don't know what else to do and I want to know why these brakes are wearing so unevenly from side to side and wheel to wheel.

the caliper slides are stuck. you need to remove the caliper from the car and remove the caliper pins. there should be 2 long bolts, also called pins, that go through the caliper and into the bracket. one of those isnt sliding and causing this. you may be better off getting a newer low miles caliper from a junk yard, that may be faster and easier than trying to fix this one.

the caliper slides are stuck. you need to remove the caliper from the car and remove the caliper pins. there should be 2 long bolts, also called pins, that go through the caliper and into the bracket. one of those isnt sliding and causing this. you may be better off getting a newer low miles caliper from a junk yard, that may be faster and easier than trying to fix this one.

Is there a way to trouble shoot it through the brake master cylinder, before changing the caliper all together.

nope, you have to pull the wheel and caliper off. its really not that hard!

Thank you for your help.

Topic List