Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How many have had warped rotors?

Guest corollowner

I just noticed this forum. I had posted in "Under the Hood" about getting my warped rotor turned (2002 Corolla). Any other Corolla owners who have had their rotors replaced or turned (if so, at what mileage)?

Replaced mine at 165K miles. I assume the original owner didn't service the rotors in the first 56K miles. There were hot spots in the metal from overheating... one of my calipers stuck closed once and brakes were smoking. default_blink

2002 Corolla S - about a year and 30,000 miles - replaced front pads and rotors. Warping could have been turned down and the pad still have more than 50% life - but was cheaper in the long run to get new OEM rotors and upgraded the pads than fix the old ones and possibly have problem return. Mix of 90% highway and 10% city - but in DC Metro area, heavy traffic congestion.

Chances are, your rotors aren't warped. You may want to read this:

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/warped_rotors_myth.htm

I've had chatter on my Corolla brakes, and in time it went away by itself. Pay particular attention to the break-in procedure for brake pads & rotors.

Guest triune530

I remember when our foreman told me to drive his F150 to p/u something for our shop. He told me to go ez on the truck's newly replaced brakes; I told him not to worry because I won't even use it. default_wink

Guest ym42

I have a corolla 96DX with 170 000 miles and I always had this problem with "warped" rotors - went through many sets of disks, front tires. And I do know that "warped" is just an expression.

Topic List