Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

SIDING ON A 93 COROLLA

Guest Edmf88

Here goes nothing,

Today I looked at my girl (A 1993 Corolla DX) and decided it needs a face lift.

I was just wondering if anyone had ever attempted removing the Black siding strips and what they used to do so. If you have tried doing this please tell me how and what tools you used. Is there paint under the 3M tape?

You can see what im talking about on my cars showcase at :

http://www.cardomain.com/id/edmf88

Thanks ~ Edmf88

Yes you can remove those rubber strips. Use a heat gun to loosen the adhesive and then start prying. You can use fishing line to separate the strip from the door. There will probably be four holes on each side of the car under the strips. Find someone with welding skills to to close up the holes with metal or fix it less permanently by filling in the holes with bondo. Remove the adhesive with acetone. You will no doubt want to paint it body color once its cleaned up. Might take a few hours to get the strips off.

Guest falnfenix

there are no holes on the corolla sidemoulding...just get a good adhesive remover(degreaser works well too) after you've removed them. also - if you use a heat gun(PLEASE be sure not to bubble the paint on the doors with the heat) it will take about 10 minutes at most per door...they're pretty easy to remove.

Guest Edmf88

are you positive there are no holes on my year corolla? if i take it off and there are holes, youll make my car look even tackyer that it already does!

Got an idea. Take off the inside door panel. Pull aside plastic waterproof lining. Check sheetmetal for any holes.

Topic List