Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Parking A New Corolla Outside

See every reply in these pages:

I've since spoken to a Boston cop, who essentially laughed when I told him I was considering using a Club or an Autolock. If someone wants to steal your car, they're gonna steal your car. The best thing you can do to prevent theft is to park in as safe a place as possible, roll up the windows, lock the doors, take the key, and have good insurance. If I drove a $50,000 Bimmer, I MIGHT be able to justify spending $700-1000 on a car tracking device like LoJack, but I can't justify spending that much on a $15,000 Corolla.

Here what Bellevue PD did

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/234924_alarms02.html

on that show I cant remember what it was but there was something that protected the steering wheel and it couldnt be cut off/hammered off of the wheel. there was no damage done to the car as a result even though they got inside since they knew there was no reason to waste time destroying the ignition to start the car because the car would not drive with that device on the steering wheel. I wish I could remember what it was.

omg! I saw my friend's Civic today... It is only a few years old but it is always parked outside and rarely washed... The paint has gone almost completely matte! It has no more glossy shine! The surface is almost rough to touch!

Is there any salvation for this vehicle??

I'm worried because I also park my new Corolla outside. However, I do wash it every three weeks (with some cheapo wash 'n' wax stuff), and it has the "Toyoguard Exterior Paint Sealant"... Is there anything else I should or should not be doing to prevent my paint going matte within a few years??

Max

Wax it, with real paste or liquid wax. If you have never waxed it at all, wash it, then use paint cleaner, then polish, then wax. See appearance threads for much more.

Well, why is it that I seem to always have a song in my head?? Remember the song "My Sharona" by the Knack? I know Weird Al did a parody of that song and called it My Bologna, but should have done one called "My Corolla".

OMFG, I have the My Sharona song in my head everytime I see RAV4EVR signature, but I sing it in my head My Corolla

My car stopped being new when my son puked in the back seat and most when in to the hole where the seat belt sticks out...

I got one of those dual-ended $9.95 touch-up paint pens for a little paint chip less than 1/16" square, caused by a ding The metal was pink so I assumed the primer was still there, but then again my car is Impulse Red.

I have two young kids, so I have to live with my car will not look like Louisville Slugger's 10 years down the road. I don't wash it often, and to me often if every other month. But I do recommend you go over it very often and take car of every little paint chip and rust spot right away!

Topic List