Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By purplelife, June 23, 2005

See every reply in these pages:

I had the same problem -- when I was trying to catch a plane and all my luggage was in the trunk.It was indeed the valet switch in the glove box. I don't know what to do then i call Locksmith boca raton FL.They solve my problem and I made my flight.

• 2 posts

This trick may help. Get access to the trunk by folding down the backseat:

• Like 1

Guest leilani sarmiento

my trunk won't open from the onside control my key doest work on my trunk anymore it's 1997 Toyota Corolla

• 320 posts

Did you check the fuse?

my trunk won't open from the onside control my key doest work on my trunk anymore it's 1997 Toyota Corolla

When you tried the lock from the outside of the trunk, do you feel the resistance of the lock?  Or does it just turn easily.  Same with the remote release inside the car (assuming this is the level type mechanical release) - any resistance or does it lift up very easily.

If there is no resistance - then that could mean the control cable that runs to the lock could have fell off or otherwise got detached.  If your car has fold down rear seats, try getting into the truck that way and pull the emergency release inside truck.  If no fold down seats, you may still get access by removed the rear seat cushion (I've down this with my 2002 Corolla S).

In any case - you have to get access to lock to see what is going on.  Sometimes you can get lucky and banging on the rear trunk can jiggle something into place - but from experience, you'll more likely dent the trunk in the process with little chance to rattle something into place.

Good Luck

• 320 posts

For those of you who want video: 

Topic List