Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Three and a half thousand pounds and wrong-wheel-drive.

Three and a half thousand pounds and wrong-wheel-drive.

An Eclipse weighs 3,500 lbs. and has front-wheel drive? In a sports car, I'd definitely prefer rear-wheel drive. I wish they made new Corollas with a nice little diesel engine and RWD.

me too larry, especially since my uncle makes his own diesel out of used resturant oil. its around $.50 per gallon cheaper that way.

Dai_Shan

All this talk of weight makes me wonder...how heavy is the 03-05 corolla?

Max

for 03:

CE/ S/ LE in pounds

Std: 2,502 2,524 2,524

Auto 2,568 2,590 2,590

me too larry, especially since my uncle makes his own diesel out of used resturant oil. its around $.50 per gallon cheaper that way.

I saw that process being done on the Spike TV show "Trucks." All of those car/truck shows are basically non-stop infomercials, and this cooking-oil-to-diesel system looked pretty neat, but it would take quite a lot of use to make up your investment -- especially if fueling an automobile which got 40+ mpg on diesel fuel! However, I believe they said the system got the cost down a lot lower than you suggest -- like less than half the cost of diesel out of the pump. Someone with a big diesel truck would obviously get his ROI a lot sooner. But then, you'd have to put up with the constant odor of a french-fry cooker coming out of your tailpipe!

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)