Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

120k mile service

Guest talltrini10

Hi all...

I have a 1997 1.6L Toyota Corolla auto with 122k miles. I've had it since 30k and it has been dead reliable, but now she's starting to act up a bit. Starts fine, but the idle and low speed crusing have become noticeably rougher and my gas mileage is down noticeably. I am getting ready to attempt the 120k mile service as recommended by the manual and I also hae a Haynes repair manual and access to a comprehensive set of tools. Any recommendations as to what else I should do while I'm at it? I want to replac e the plugs and plug wires, as I suspect this may contributing to my rough idel/gas mileage issues...anything else it could be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Guest Mike Thurston

You're on the right track, but get to it. Your fuel filter and plugs are your biggest needs. If you can go for new plugs, wires, distributer, fuel filter, and air filter my guess is it would run like a rocket. I would also highly recommend an alignment, you'll be surprised how noticable the change is! Also, it's timing belt changing time, so make it a priority. Do this, and drive her another 100,000.

Topic List