Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

how fast have you been?

by c2105026, December 26, 2003

See every reply in these pages:

Guest Corollasroyce

lowered 5 inches eh?

so you had maybe .25 inches of ground clearance?? actually on a 98 i doubt youd even have ground clearance...i can't beleive people put money like that into a corolla, how retarded.

so lets see, your running along at 137 MPH with NO ground clearance, 15 inch rims and a can of explosives...i mean NOS in the back....no brake upgrades at all, but a kick**** stereo.....sweet sounds like something my 14 year old brother would think is cool.

Guys, we covered this in another thread under Performance. Whatever.

I did 180km/hr (about 112 mph) straight for at least 30 minutes at a time, on a 550km trip.

97 auto. 3-speed. (Cost me a little fortune in gas, though).

Me bad, typo, I meant .5". Actually I didnt pay for the upgrades, the insurance company did, when they fixed the car, they over payed for the damages. So I captalized on their mistake, they tried to claim it back from me later, then I left them and went to another insurance company. I cant remember all the specs, been a long time ago. Lol!

The insurance company tried to sue me back for the money, but it settled out of court when their company realized that the work has already been done and the money has been exchanged, so in order to reclaim their over payment they were going to have me pay a ridulus rate for my insurance. I would be paying $1000 a month, from $90 a month.

Oh if you didnt notice, the car is changed from FF to FR. I had to stregthen the frame that only cost me $1000. Its not the money issue or racing scene. Its just priceless when you pull up to a 5.0 and you rev your engine, and he laughs at you, and then smoke him in the end, and he finally catches up and with that wtf look on his face, is just priceless. default_wink Thats why I modified it.

Me bad, typo, I meant .5". Actually I didnt pay for the upgrades, the insurance company did, when they fixed the car, they over payed for the damages. So I captalized on their mistake, they tried to claim it back from me later, then I left them and went to another insurance company. I cant remember all the specs, been a long time ago. Lol!

So, you paid for modifications to your car with money that didn't belong to you?

By the way, tinto99, if you know anything about speed or cars, or even about your corolla, look at my corolla's engine specs. If you do not know what it means, thats fine. But give it the respect it deserves.

It used to be the 1997 WRC Toyota Corolla's Rally Racing Engine. I bought off TRD. Oh by the way the 1997 Toyota Corolla is the top racing team at that time for Rally's so dont try to compare your speed with my engine. Cause you will mind will blow a gasket. I am still pissed that someone stole it after that i only had it for 3 weeks after it was modded. They chose it instead of a bmw. So go figure.

Gramparsons. Lol. I just wonder how many of us ever got more money back from the bank or something along that line, and used it. Even though it was their mistake. They were liable to thier actions not the banks customers. We had something like that happen here in Canada, and you know how the court ruled? They ruled the company made the mistake, and the extra money was used and not recoverable. It was not up to the customer to know that a mistake was made. How would you feel if you had $2000 in your bank one day, and they made a mistake by giving you $30000. You used your $1000 to get medication, and then you go back to your bank account, and see that it is back down to $1000, without notice. YOu would be crying that stole money from you.

This really is not a forum to preach morality, but what the heck, you gotta say what's on your mind sometimes.

Admiral, you've been downgraded to a lowly private, heck you've been dishonourably discharged from the service, period.

As a result of a collision, the driver has the right to have his car restored to what it was before the collision, nothing more. He is responsible (or should be) for such repairs ALONE, and shall not take advantage of human errors resulting in additional insurance funds, thereby turning his Corolla (of all models) into a high-end pimp mobile.

Who gives a snip what the dumb court rules, if it indeed is as you say it is. Regardless, the situation with the banks that you described is neither here nor there when discussing your insurance fraud. BTW, I imagine you made a typo and meant 3,000 and NOT 30,000 in the hypothetical situation of a bank accidentally depositing extra money into your account with an actual balance of 2,000. Even so, a 1K discrepancy on a 2K account is a 50% or 100% discrepancy, depending on how you look at it, and therefore highly noticeable, and what's more, should be reported immediately.

You got a helluva lot more money for the damage than you deserved, you knew it, and you ran with it. That's plain WRONG! This is a zero-sum game: what one guy 'wins' (by cheating, in this case), someone else has to pay for, to level things out.

Your fraud (and that's precisely what it is, as you are, a FRAUD), costs other honest people, who use insurance products every day, it costs them their valuable hard-earned dollars, represented by the higher premiums and increased rates which are factored in actuarial calculations, and that they have to pay, like it or not.

You're fired, dude. Get off the snipen forum.

You got a helluva lot more money for the damage than you deserved, you knew it, and you ran with it. That's plain WRONG! This is a zero-sum game: what one guy 'wins' (by cheating, in this case), someone else has to pay for, to level things out.

Your fraud (and that's precisely what it is, as you are, a FRAUD), costs other honest people, who use insurance products every day, it costs them their valuable hard-earned dollars, represented by the higher premiums and increased rates which are factored in actuarial calculations, and that they have to pay, like it or not.

Those were my thoughts exactly--but I wanted to be sure I heard him right.

Admiral, next time you meet someone who isn't an insurance cheat, thank them for spotting you the money.

Thief.

Guest Corollasroyce

I agree with tinto99, go back to watching fast and furious admiral......

Guest joblemg

i have a 1996 and the fastest i've gone was 103, the car wouldn't go any faster

default_ohmy

180 KM/h just did it once for about 15 minutes...had fun doing it!...will never do it again....some fella driving A3 hatchback for no reason was keep bothering me...i ignored him few times...than I just zoomed to show him that my car may not look sporty but it has stuff in it which many will not expect to have in a 04 Rolla!...i just keep like that!

Topic List