Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By CorollaFan, March 17, 2005

Folks,

I have one simple question, if the corolla and civic are as the entire world say trouble and maintenance free. Why people going to sell them!!!? default_huh

In my opinion, if my car performs well and maintenance-free I will never think to sell it, unless I have a serious problem with it. default_wink

Could you please, explain to me why people think about selling their good behavior cars!!!?

I think many times a good engine will last longer than a car's body. I have an old Nissan truck that is high mileage but in perfect mechanical condition. The paint and body are getting old and all the rubber seals are drying out.

Dai_Shan

You can selll a good running quality used vehicle for a decent amount of money...you then can use that remaining equity in your payed off vehicle to get a nice shiney new warrentied vehicle...

if you run your car into the ground you get no money out of it towards your new car. you eventually own a very aged and fragile car that can become a headache at any moment....starter could go out, alternator stops working, fuel pump dies, injectors die...you never know what will go...and when. (in a car older then 8yrs lets say)

So instead you pass that possible headache on to the next owner...and walk away with soime money default_smile haha

And treat yourself to a brand new car without a care in the world about repairs and such (not to mention improved gas mileage and ride comfort)

People change - might need a bigger vehicle for a family, night need something that is more sporty, might have a need to get something to tow or go off-roading. Some just sell them to get a new car.

Nothing has to be wrong with a vehicle for one to sell it - they might just be tired of the vehicle or have different needs.

Different strokes for different folks - some drive a car into the ground - others jump into a new one every couple of years.

People sell the cars they own often for the same reason people lease cars instead of buying them.

While the cars may be easy on the wallet when it comes to maintenance, people like to drive new cars. It's a perception thing more than a concern about maintenance costs.

Personally, I had a 95 Mustang that I was planning on driving into the ground (it was halfway there already when it got totalled) and my new 05 Corolla S is going to be the same way. I intend on taking better care of this car, since I am 22 now and I got the Mustang when I was 17. I also am making car payments, whereas the Mustang was paid for by a car accident settlement I received. I intend on driving it into the ground, so to speak, but I intend on keeping it around and working well for longer than the Mustang.

I don't care much what people say about driving an "old" car as long as it does the job well and doesn't distract me from my driving.

i like your pov dai shan default_biggrin

I think it is a quality of life issue. If you get free food and room/board if living at home with your mom, vs paying more to get your own house and pay for your own food. I think the decision for each is 50% split. Just a matter of who you are and what you want in life.

You only live 80 to 90 years (if you are lucky) and what are you going to do with your time is more important than how much you have when you die. For some it is necessary to drive a beatup to the ground, while others can afford to enjoy their lives a bit better.

Topic List