Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Robbie-js

Toyota Avensis D-4D T4 Model '09 High Miles

Hey Guys

I'm thinking of buying the diesel car in the title. It has over 140,000 miles. £4400. Has full service history and been well maintained, with no advisory remarks at its last MOT. I know Sod all about cars though. Should I steer clear of such a high miles vehicle, and spend an extra £2000 that I can't really afford, on a lower mileage car. I realise if this car suddenly develops serious faults I could spend £2k fixing it. I'd appreciate any views on buying a car like this. Thanks, Rob

Might try posting this on Toyotanation - as that forum has a larger international base. We don't have any of the diesel variants here in the US.

That said - the D-4D T4 is known for very good reliability. Most of the issues that they've had were mostly cosmetic in nature - powertrain wise, they are pretty solid. As long as it has a known service history and no significant remarks from MOT - I don't see why you need to spend more money for a lower mileage vehicle.

Note that there is no guarantee that a lower mileage vehicle will be "better" - in that case, you'd be off worse financially, since you had to spend more money up front.

Edited by fishexpo101

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this