Sign in to follow this  
DaveLip

98 Corolla Getting New Struts & Springs

There is actually quite a bit of room up there to get at the bolts. I'm not sure on the other trims with a folding rear seat (mine are fixed) - but the only way I could get at the bolts was to pull up the seats. Not really bad - bottom cushin just snaps in place, rear seatback is bolted in a couple places. Once that is out of the way - you should get at the bolts with no difficulty.

trap

Not sure of the selller - but of the product, then yes -those are legit products - also have a proven reputation (not the best, but they are a decent company).

Price is about ballpark for that kind of setup - for what I read in reviews, the ride was much harsher than expected. Plus being a slipover type of coilspring - there is a chance that you can damage the existing strut body (if using an aftermarket piece) and most of the time, you will have to cut the spring perches off the strut to make them work.

I would personally go with a decent spring set over this kind of coilover. If you want the adjustability of a coilover setup - best to go with a "real" coilover system. Cost difference will quickly be negated by the better quality of the real system - plus no need for modifications or minimal modifications. Just bolt-on and go. Example ones would be some Tein (~$600+) or D2 Sports (group buys as low as $400).

I would personally go with a decent spring set over this kind of coilover. If you want the adjustability of a coilover setup - best to go with a "real" coilover system. Cost difference will quickly be negated by the better quality of the real system - plus no need for modifications or minimal modifications. Just bolt-on and go. Example ones would be some Tein (~$600+) or D2 Sports (group buys as low as $400).

Thanks. I'm looking for something I can just bolt in; don't want to have to cut anything that would be irreversible.