Registered users (members) don’t see this ad!

Sign in to follow this  
Bikeman982

Just Turned 160,000 Miles

Mine has about 167,000 got it with about 140,000 and it still runs alot better than my 96 neon with about 70,000

What year is it?

The corolla is a 95

so my old engine has 161,131 miles and it is blown, im taking it out this week and im gonna buy an engine with 206K miles on it juts to get me buy till i can build up my old one, so does anyone have over 200K on theres, what should i look out for im gonna check it all over and put good oil in it, and prolly do that every 500 miles for like 2000 miles,

so my old engine has 161,131 miles and it is blown, im taking it out this week and im gonna buy an engine with 206K miles on it juts to get me buy till i can build up my old one, so does anyone have over 200K on theres, what should i look out for im gonna check it all over and put good oil in it, and prolly do that every 500 miles for like 2000 miles,

My project car had 231,000 miles on it before a careless relative of the previous owner drove it until the oil was gone and the engine seized.

I changed the engine with one that had about 79,000 miles that I bought at a junkyard.

I would be kind of hesitant (depending on what you paid) to buy an engine with 206k miles on it.

ya its a last resort, it only cost 150 bucks so like that alone in parts is kinda worth it but im gonna go to the auction, word is they have been having a bunch of geo prizms 7th gen going through for around 300 bucks, so if i can get one thursday then im gonna put off getting that other engine, but i mean 150 bucks and they pull it and load it for me, not a bad deal, might be a decent spare especialy if i get two geos

ya its a last resort, it only cost 150 bucks so like that alone in parts is kinda worth it but im gonna go to the auction, word is they have been having a bunch of geo prizms 7th gen going through for around 300 bucks, so if i can get one thursday then im gonna put off getting that other engine, but i mean 150 bucks and they pull it and load it for me, not a bad deal, might be a decent spare especialy if i get two geos

Are they selling the whole car for 300, or just their engines?

they have been selling whole cars, running, not sure how it is other places but alot of the older cars that are stick just dont sell well so they go for cheap, and winter is a bad time to try and sell, i got my car at the auction and i got mine for 900 and it was mint, i dont really car what the car looks like, i have all spare parts, if it runs im down

they have been selling whole cars, running, not sure how it is other places but alot of the older cars that are stick just dont sell well so they go for cheap, and winter is a bad time to try and sell, i got my car at the auction and i got mine for 900 and it was mint, i dont really car what the car looks like, i have all spare parts, if it runs im down

Do you fix them up and sell them, or just buy them for yourself?

i ahvent been buying them yet, im gonna buy this one and keep it but if i find some other cars that i think i can make some money on then im gonna do that, alot of times you can get these cars for 300-500 bucks and turn around and sell them for 1000 cause they are in really good condition but the things that go through the auction people just really wanna get rid of

i ahvent been buying them yet, im gonna buy this one and keep it but if i find some other cars that i think i can make some money on then im gonna do that, alot of times you can get these cars for 300-500 bucks and turn around and sell them for 1000 cause they are in really good condition but the things that go through the auction people just really wanna get rid of

Sounds like you should look for a couple of cars that can be resold, and one for yourself.

ya i should but cash is kinda tight right now, but when i have the means here in a few months i would really wanna do that, if someone is good enough it can be a job so i dunno we will see

they have them once a week, ive seen a few corollas go through but its never a gaurentee on what goes through

If you can find a 7th generation Corolla with a good body and not too bad interior for $300, let me know.