1 reply to this topic

#1 miatadriverchris

miatadriverchris

1st Gear

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

So my 2001 Prizm has what appears to be a short-circuit in the A/C system. I have deduced this after the following:

1) Replacing the Delphi A/C compressor because the clutch stopped working. Worked for about 6 times before had a problem again. (along with receiver/drier, orfice tube, refrigerant and oil)
2) Replaced the ACDelco A/C Compressor Clutch Control Module (part number 15-21529, behind glove box) after the A/C light would still come on, but clutch would not engage. Worked for about 3 times before I had a problem again.
3) Now, the A/C Magnetic Clutch Relay is bad, and the green A/C light on the controls in the car no longer lights up, nor does the clutch on the compressor engage due to this obviously, because there is no power being sent to the clutch connector on the compressor. (sitting with blown relay at the moment before deciding what to do next)

So, since I'd had 3 components "blow", with the third being the Relay itself, I am fairly confident I have a short-circuit somewhere. Before replacing the Relay, I want to be able to determine where the short-circuit is, and fix it. However, I do not have an A/C Wiring Diagram. So I am now in need of the following

1) A/C Wiring Diagram - 2001 Chevy Prizm LSI
2) A/C System Troubleshooting Guide (i.e. so I know "what" and "how" to test)

If anyone has these, and/or can offer some additional guidance to solving this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
~Chris

#2 fishexpo101

fishexpo101

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I have one for the Corolla - but not 100% sure if that will be compatible with the Prism's wiring. My experience with that, there are enough differences between them - electrically - to get you into trouble. Mechanically, the two are quite similar if not identical - but not sure what they were thinking when they used two different wiring schemes. Just PM your addy - I'll send you what I have, once I get on the right machine.