1 reply to this topic

#1 Laundryboy

Laundryboy

1st Gear

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Iíve been a Corolla owner since 2001. My current Corolla is a 2007 that I bought new in 2007. Mostly highway driving, but it has 152,000 miles on it. Iíve never had the slightest problem with it. I do all my own oil changes about every 4500 miles, I use the cheap Wal-Mart oil and itís never had anything else. It also uses no oil between changes. The brakes are original but probably need to be replaced in the next 20,000 miles or so. The biggest clincher is that itís still using the original spark plugs, I figured it runs perfect so why bother changing them.
My experience with Corolla has obviously been very positive and I'm sure that my next run around car will be another Corolla.

#2 Paul79UF

Paul79UF

1st Gear

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Wow, that's a lot of miles on a 2007. :)

We've had a similar trouble free experience with our 2005 with almost 100,000 miles.

I've only done preventative maintenance such as front brake pads, rear brake shoes, oil changes every 5000 miles (Wal-Mart oil too), cabin air filter, serpentine belt, coolant, PCV valve, front wheel bearings, and spark plugs.

I probably could have skipped doing the wheel bearings, drum brakes and spark plugs for another 20-30,000 miles, but I felt better getting all of that done at the 100,000 mile mark.

The only "problem" I've had with the car was a very slow oil leak from the timing chain tensioner. So I replaced it with a new one that cost just $20 and sealed it with RTV silicone.

The OEM plugs are supposed to be changed at 120,000 miles, so I'd at least pull them out and inspect them.

Congrats on the trouble free Corolla. This car has been so much easier on my wallet compared to my Pontiac Grand Prix that had all sorts of problems.