3 replies to this topic

#1 TomDee

TomDee

1st Gear

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Ive installed HID 4300K lights on Low beam circuit Im interested in making it so When lights are off and I pull hi beam to pass etc My lows dont try n boot or come on so im not damaging my HID bulbs MY DRL's are already disabled for several years now .. And by the way my HID's have never dazzled any oncoming traffic Ive never had anyone Flash at me or such My HID's look like my Halogen lows Just ALOT brighter still lights up same height off road as always just alot brighter 200% or so, Adding HID fogs would do no good I think that areas loaded w HID light now Ive toyed W/Idea of Hi Hid's cuz nowdays ya put Hi's on and they stayin on 30 Seconds plus to get jerks to pay attention... anyhowwww INPUT?

#2 fishexpo101

fishexpo101

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,445 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

Sounds like something is still tied together in the integration relay that is causing the lows to pop on when you flash the high beams. I believe this the way they are tied together at the manufacturer - both High and Low beams come on together when you toggle the flash feature.

Only way I see around this it to wire the flashing feature separately, basically rewiring the flashing feature and bypassing the integration relay, or rewiring the HID onto a separate circuit.

#3 greddy2race

greddy2race

1st Gear

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Info on how to rewire the headlights to do this would be of great interest to me as well as how to wire the factory fog lights to come turn on with any of the other lights being on.

#4 dardanus

dardanus

Neutral

• Active Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hi Friends and Forum Moderator,
I have a 1999 model 1.6 lt Corolla Liftback with oval-single (frog like) headlamps. My question is that I need to improve my head lights for the snow/fog/rain conditions. When it rains and the highway is pitch dark black, it absorbs all the light. I tried Osram H4 %30 bulbs that have more light version but did not improved a lot. I heard Osram All Season H4 bulbs. Are they good for such like conditions? My technician found two cables with two sockets which are not connected to anything in the motor part near the fog lamp area (My car had no factory installed fog lights before). He said they may be preparation for fog lights. Could it be?
With best and thanks in advance.