Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Question About Timing Belt And Driving

Guest auntbell

I just need to know if you can drive a few extra miles before you have your timing belt replaced. As of today, my mileage is 179962. My timing belt will not be replaced until this Saturday. In the meantime, I must get back and forth to work, which is 13 miles coming and going.

Help...

Auntbell

Access-Denied (+1)

What year car is it? My timing belt has 135k miles on it. Still going strong. Plan on getting it replaced here real soon. The milage you have, your really pressing your luck with it. Personally, I would keep on driving on it, till Saturday. Guess it all depends on how lucky you are.

At what point should the timing belt be replaced? (2003 Corolla)

I would imagine that if you've been driving it as is for the past year or so, another couple days won't hurt it.

If something does go wrong in the span of the next couple days, you have the worst luck EVER default_biggrin

Guest Corollasroyce

There is no timing belt in corollas newer than 1998, they are timing chains and they do not need to be serviced at all....

Your belt should last until Saturday, but if I were you, I'd also wear a pair of suspenders until then.

Guest auntbell

My Corolla is a 1997 CE...

Almost 180K - are you sure that the belt hasn't been changed before? I've seen cars go more than 200K on the original tiing belt - other let go at 50K. I'd keep driving and hope for the best.

Guest auntbell

Almost 180K - are you sure that the belt hasn't been changed before? I've seen cars go more than 200K on the original tiing belt - other let go at 50K. I'd keep driving and hope for the best.

Actually, the belt was changed around the time it was 120000 miles (est)...

You have nothing to worry about. Timing belt changed right around 60K miles ago - your right on track to get it replaced this Saturday.

Guest auntbell

You have nothing to worry about. Timing belt changed right around 60K miles ago - your right on track to get it replaced this Saturday.

Thanks, fishexpo, and everyone else for their input...

Love and God Bless,

Auntbell

Topic List