Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Wind noise

Guest snturner

Just bought the 2004 Corolla S. Wanted to see if anyone else has the same wind noise from the lower right side of the wind shield. It seems to start at about 50 mph and gets louder as speed increases, of course. Seems to be coming from the vent in front of the wind shield. why did they put a vent right there. Any solutions to this.

Also Toyota says the car shoud get 39 mpg on highway. I am only getting 32. default_dry The car only has 1100 miles on it. Should I wait for break in time or do you think I have any problems.

I haven't ever pin pointed the wind noise to that location. Check for loose weather stripping.

The mileage should come up. Also keep in mind that roughly you will loose some mileage in temperatures under 55 degrees F, with any headwinds or cross winds, and mileage will drop steadily at speeds over 65 mph.

I had 4 pAssengeadults and gear in my car thsi weekend and drove a mix of highway and city including aggressive pAssing on 2 lane roads and driving 75-80 mph on the freeway. I only got 34 mpg... whcih is what I expected.

Topic List