Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

justdoitmikey

Is the 2018 CAMRY a good lease option?

justdoitmikey, June 9 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

I am looking into my options for leases and one of the cars in my budget range for a monthly lease is the 2018 Camry. I don't know too much about the vehicle having never driven one before nor had much interest in one before this so I am not sure if this is a good car to lease or not. I also will have the option to buy it but I am not sure I would want to. 

A friend of mine is leasing a 2017 Camry. They are solid cars and since that is only 2 years old (or 3 depending on how you look at it) it would be a good lease. You can probably go to a dealership and test drive it before you decide too. I know some people are fussy about how a car handles, I am the same way. 

• Like 1

I think the Camrys are nice. I prefer Corollas and the 86s but for a lease, this would be a great option. I might be a bit biased though because I believe all Japanese brands make good reliable vehicles, especially Toyota. 

On 6/9/2020 at 2:15 PM, prizm97 said:

A friend of mine is leasing a 2017 Camry. They are solid cars and since that is only 2 years old (or 3 depending on how you look at it) it would be a good lease. You can probably go to a dealership and test drive it before you decide too. I know some people are fussy about how a car handles, I am the same way. 

That is a good point. I mean, are they allowing test driving though with the whole COVD-19 restrictions going on though? Last I heard they weren't allowing test driving unless you made an appointment. 

On 6/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, justdoitmikey said:

That is a good point. I mean, are they allowing test driving though with the whole COVD-19 restrictions going on though? Last I heard they weren't allowing test driving unless you made an appointment. 

Depends on the region.

We are leasing one right now. I wanted it to be hybrid but battery anxiety (?) and conservative convenience won.

Its Entune is crap and doesn't support real Android Auto, and its USB port prompts my phone to install Entune app EVERYTIME I plug it in. I was so fed up I carved a data isolation adapter out of an unused USB gadget of unknown origin so I can charge my phone (slowly) leaving the 12V port free for something else.

When I floor it the engine happily goes to 4000+rpm but car doesn't accelerate as quickly, typical of e-gas and slushbox.

Overall, I'm not impressed. I am still holding on to my Little Pig until it rusts out. (I have had to install two nutserts on it because broken bolts.)

Edited by buurin
  • 320 posts

Battery anxiety shouldn't be an issue.

Entune 3 sounds like it needs some more upgrades. It just came out, so hopefully they'll fix it. 

Weird that the transmission is so loose. 

Honestly I've only driven the hybrid versions so far. I'm trying to find a Corolla SE6MT (I think that's the designation) but no dealer in the area stocks one. 

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas