Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2000 Interior Console Lights

by AndyLH88, January 18, 2005

On our 2000 Corolla when we turn on the lighting system, the A/C and Hazard lights button are not lit. I'm about 99% sure that they were lit before but I just want to make sure before I take off the console to replace the bulbs.

I remember replacing the console lights for our old 1994 Corolla so this one shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks

default_smile

Guest Corollasroyce

Are you saying when you turn your headlights on your hazards button and A/C button does not light up?? well the A/C should light up when the A/C is running, but there is no lights behind the hazards button....

Are you saying when you turn your headlights on your hazards button and A/C button does not light up?? well the A/C should light up when the A/C is running, but there is no lights behind the hazards button....

That's basically it. When you turn on the headlights, the A/C and hazard light button does not light up. The actual button(not the green LED which indicates whether the A/C is running or not) is not lit along with the hazard light button.

Guest Corollasroyce

mine arn't lit either....other than the LED in the A/C your refering too..

I think Royce is right. My 97 is the same (no light on hazard button and on A/C button).

The only light that comes on is that little green LED on the A/C when it is in operation.

I think the 8th gen is the same as my 7th gen, the only difference is the shape of the hazards button, but otherwise, no back-light on the button itself.

Guest Corollasroyce

Wait, they are backlit...hehe...i didn't think they were but they do glow, my bad, default_tongue

Wait, they are backlit...hehe...i didn't think they were but they do glow, my bad, default_tongue

It's ok. We all make mistakes. I guess I'll change the bulb on the weekend(or whenever it warms up alittle).

Thanks

default_smile

Ditto on my 97. I never noticed. Wow! My bad.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)