Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Tire pressure sensor light

by Sikgurl, July 10, 2019 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

I can't get my tire pressure sensor light to reset is that because the air is still not right or is something wrong with it cuz I think I'm putting in the right are like it says but it won't reset

Need more information - make, model, model year?

Many of the TPMS have some threshold that must be met for the sensor light to turn off - sometimes can be sensitive to a handful of PSI.  On my RAV4 - if the pressure difference is more than 5PSI, the light will trip. 

Some have to be manually reset to turn the lights off - usually it is noted in the user's manual - many times, it is just some button in the glovebox or similar that you have to press and hold to reset the light.  Another possibility - one or more of the tire sensors battery failed and not being detected by the TPMS control unit, so it thinks the air pressure is way off.  Of course, if you installed tires without sensors in them, that light will stay on the whole time until it detects those sensors again.

• Like 1

On my RAV I had the light not go off....if I remember right it was the spare tire was low on air. 

I can't get my tire pressure sensor light to reset is that because the air is still not right or is something wrong with it cuz I think I'm putting in the right are like it says but it won't reset

Did you get it to work?

Without knowing what kind of car and year model you are dealing with, I can only offer a few things to try:

Drive at 50 mph for 10 miles.

Use Your Vehicle's TPMS Reset Button. (I am assuming this is not working for you?)

Deflate & Reinflate the Tires

Disconnect and Reconnect the Car's Battery

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas