Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Check Light On 2005 Corolla

Guest kjel

There is a "check" light on in the Corolla. Has anyone experienced this? Toyota service says to tighten the gas cap to see if that works but it still has'nt gone off yet. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take it in....

Guest Corollasroyce

well unless you have a ECU scanner and can give us a code were not going to be able to help you, check make sure everything is tightened under the hood , check gas cap, is it running poorly?? need more info man default_wink

Guest kjel

I'm getting this info. secondhand from my mom. Apparently my 2 brothers are helpless/useless. I'm gonna have to take it in for her.

Thanks for the advice.

Guest Corollasroyce

if its something thats going to cost your mom a fortune and isn't covered under warrenty you should then post in here and let us know all the details then we can let you know if your getting the shaft or not.

Guest swhittome

I had the same problem with my 2001 Corolla - took me 5 service tries before I wised up and took it to a new dealership - On the 3rd servicing, the service foreman recognized after a week of diagnostic testing that the VSV component needed to be replaced. He replaced it - with the wrong VSV component. Sun Toyota corrected the problem and it's been fine ever since.

Aside from that, the gas tank cap has to be closed until you hear the single or double-click. Also, it is recommended that you don't refill past the audible click your tank makes to signal that it is "full." Hope this helps.

Guest Corollasroyce

I had the same problem with my 2001 Corolla - took me 5 service tries before I wised up and took it to a new dealership - On the 3rd servicing, the service foreman recognized after a week of diagnostic testing that the VSV component needed to be replaced. He replaced it - with the wrong VSV component. Sun Toyota corrected the problem and it's been fine ever since.

Aside from that, the gas tank cap has to be closed until you hear the single or double-click. Also, it is recommended that you don't refill past the audible click your tank makes to signal that it is "full." Hope this helps.

Sun toyota?? Do you by chance live in edmonton?? Not fill past the click? wouldn't topping the tank off reduce the likelyhood of condensation in the fuel tank?

edit: nevermind, i checked out info, your from edmonton, wierd...me too.. welcome to the board, good to see another person from edmonton on here...

Not fill past the click? wouldn't topping the tank off reduce the likelyhood of condensation in the fuel tank?

Was a big problem for the 8th generation Corollas (1998-2002) - don't think it is as big as a problem with the 9th generation models (2003+). True, would cut down on condensation - but had a tendancy to saturate the charcoal canister with liquid gasoline (ruined the unit).

Guest Corollasroyce

really i never knew that....i usually always top it off..hum...maybe i won't anymore, hasn't caused a problem yet and i usuallty always put a buck or 2 in past the auto shut off

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)