Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2019s look VERY good

By Dave, May 18, 2018 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

• 110 posts

I wish we had the T Sport that was in UK/Europe. The XRS does not compare (IMHO)

It kinda looks like the Toyota Matrix - you know how Europeans love their "hot hatch". 

• 320 posts

Yup. Pretty impressive. Still, I'm waiting for power numbers on the 2.0. Hope they do a US turbo at some point... 2.0 turbos are hanging around 300 horsepower these days, but 200 honest horsepower is MORE than enough for a car of that size and weight, and now they have the suspension (it seems) to handle it.

I figure the 2.0 has to be at least 160 horsepower now, if it's really new and different. I'd be satisfied with a 150 horsepower that's always there. I don't want a peaky engine with no torque.

• 110 posts

150 isn't much more than a 9th-gen Corolla (134 hp / 6,000 rpm and Maximum Torque: 171 Nm / 4,200 rpm).

Assuming they only changed the bore or stroke I would not expect much more of a boost. I'd rather see 170 (I'd rather see 200) but I want to be realistic.

https://www.corolland.com/corolla/2019.html

About time they did something to boost power, too! Higher compression and longer stroke should help. Body and engine and transmission all lost weight — should help performance get below 8 seconds at last!

It looks promising. 

• 320 posts

Yup. I'm trying to get myself into one.

I have a 2019 Corolla Hatchback. It is fully loaded except for premium sound. It is Blizzard Pearl, fantastic white with glistening  particles in the paint. We have only driven it 102 miles so we are still driving it easy. I can vouch that it has plenty of pep with the CVT.  It's so new we haven't had it nearly floorboarded but no problem merging onto the local interstate. We have the XSE with low profile tires  17 inch wheels and it handles like a gocart. I predict it will be a big hit and will be a great seller for Toyota. Finally a real winner  Corolla. Drive one today and you'll buy one. Definitely not for 4 adults if you have long legs. I put the seat back all the way and the rear legroom is tight. OK for children, not for tall teenagers. And the safety features, they make me a better driver and will reduce insurance rates plus accidents. Supply is limited now. We waited about a week to get ours. Right now we have the only one in this area but that will change quickly.

• 320 posts

Added your "review" to our 2019 Corolla page. Can't wait to get into one myself.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas