Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Return of the Garage or 200,000 Mile Club? Are you interested?

Dave, May 14, 2018 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

• 320 posts

I have the software, but not the database, of the old 200,000 Mile Club. 

I can buy an upgrade to the Garage we used to have running on Corolland, to store and show pictures of members’ cars — and possibly form the nucleus of a new 200,00 Mile Club.

How interested are you in these?

• 110 posts

I'm actually more interested in a 299,999 mile club so we can discuss solution to defective odometer and find a solution (kickstarter to have replacement odometer?).

• 320 posts

Ummm... 

No factory parts? For an ’03, I’d have thought there would be an electronic speedo (ie a calibrated voltmeter taking instructions from the computer). 

• 110 posts

For 9th-gen Corolla and equivalent Prius model from same years, have defective odometer that Toyota won't fix,. as it is not a safety issue. Factory part is defective.

• 320 posts

Oh, it's the odometer... that's an odd problem! Is there a digital odometer on the info screen as well, or is it just the one?

• 110 posts

Just the one. If anyone knows of an OBDII app that reads odometer, that would be great. I don't know if it is display issue for the LCD, or the chip behind it that is inadequate.

• 320 posts

I would have thought most of the apps read odometer, I'll have to check... I would assume it's the programming on the chip. Someone got lazy... I assume... being a bit lazy now myself.

I think this was a "counter" issue - ie, lazy or goof in the coding to display mileage after 299,999 miles or kms.  Same with the trip odometers, if I remember right - it was 9,999 for Trip B, Trip A good for 99,999 ?

I'm not certain if you can query the OBD to get the "correct mileage" - my 8th gen is getting close (270K miles) - but I don't think it affected this generation - just the 9th gen Corolla / 1st gen Matrix and 1st gen Prius.  

• 110 posts

As far as I know, it is only the 9th Gen Corolla, Corolla Matrix, Pontiac Vibe, and some Prius. I wish there was a fix. As it is now, I use my trip meter to track mileage as best as I can. I have accidentally cleared it from time to time, which sucks. I would be more than happy to buy a fixed odometer. The dealer only replaces it with another defective one (good for another 299,999 miles) and places a sticker on it to say odometer was replaced.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas