Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

I Question Everything

by Doug B August 30, 2016

I recently took a highway trip. From Klamath Falls, Oregon to Biggs Junction, Oregon - over 270 miles. My MPG gauge showed 41.2 MPG. I had done this before, and had seen what I thought was an exaggerated reading. This time I also wrote down the mileage on the odometer, and checked it at fill-up. I got 42.9 MPG. I have a 2013 "S" model with a manual tranny - completely stock. Is this even possible?

I've gotten 41mpg on the highway....speeds between 65-72mph....in a 2011LE with the autotranny.

I recently took a highway trip. From Klamath Falls, Oregon to Biggs Junction, Oregon - over 270 miles. My MPG gauge showed 41.2 MPG. I had done this before, and had seen what I thought was an exaggerated reading. This time I also wrote down the mileage on the odometer, and checked it at fill-up. I got 42.9 MPG. I have a 2013 "S" model with a manual tranny - completely stock. Is this even possible?

Is what possible? The discrepancy between indicated and calculated mpg? The lack or excess of highway mpg?

How fast were you travelling, and on what grade of gasoline of which ethanol content? Hills? AC usage?

Topic List