Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Pulling My Hair Out With This Darn Moon Roof Noise

by bxkid, May 21, 2016 in Toyotas that aren’t Corollas

Hi,

This may not be the best place to post this but cant find much on the web about this issue. Bought a 2010 Used Matrix which I thought was a good deal , with the unfortunate addition of an aftermarket moon roof. When I go over dips on the road there is a creaking noise coming from the moon roof area. This happens with it is opened or closed.

Thx for any ideas!

Larry K

May need to loosen the glass, insert note cards all around the glass, then re-tighten the glass and lube the seal with silicone grease.

If re-centering the glass and lubing doesn't stop the noise - might have to pull the whole thing out and see if they added the spacers or other bracing needed to keep the top part of the chassis from flexing. Might also be one of those clips have come loose and is rattling around.

Hoping that it is not a structural issue, I've seen some installers cut through a spot welded brace to fit a larger moonroof - unfortunately, that weakens the roof, which is part of the unitbody.

Curious, do you happen to know what brand of moonroof it is? Should be pretty obvious, they usually stamp or silk-screen it close to the controls.

Fishexpo101,

Its a SOLAIRE 4300 by Webasto.

Thx

Webasto is one of the better companies that make OEM-like powered sunroofs. They know their stuff, so don't think it is a structural thing, could be the glass or support clips that came loose.

Topic List: Go to Toyotas that aren’t Corollas