Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

How To Program G Transponder Key For Corolla 2011

by vikas, December 22, 2015

Hello,

I have a corolla 2011 LE. I have a working G master key and a new uncut key (that I ordered online). I will get this key cut but just wanted to check if there is way I can program its G chip by myself.

I checked with local locksmiths and dealers. They are asking $100+ just to program the key.

Thanks,

Vikas

Given the price you were quoted, I'm assuming you have transponder keys. Unfortunately, those will have to be programmed at a dealership or locksmith.

Problem is, it is not just the keyless aspect that needs to be programmed (iw, lock / unlock function) - which can be done by yourself, do a search online, lots of info out there.

It is programming the "chip" in the transponder key fob - the part that communicates to the car and allows you to start it (two part authentication - physical key + transponder code).

That programming can only be done with specific set top device. Key gets inserted in the top - press a few buttons, inputs car VIN, freshly minted transponder key in a couple of seconds.

There are ways to "clone" the other transponder key by bypassing factory PIN/BCM codes - but I will not discuss that on this forum. Best to have it done correctly and done right. Shop around for the programming - should be able to find it less than $100 to program the transponder.

Topic List