Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Air Intake Sensor On An 88 Corolla

By bobs88, September 14, 2015

Hello. Can you tell me where this sensor is located? Mounted on the side of the airbox (which houses the air filter) I have a sensor that has 2 vacuum lines going to it and a 2 pin electrical connection/harness. I think this is the air intake sensor but not sure. My multimeter readings will not stop to get a reading (with engine off) and I am wondering if I am on the right sensor. My book says about 1000 ohms at 68 air temp. I'm checking this for a stalling problem when coming to a stop. My egr system, vacuum, coolant sensor, timing, IAC are all cleaned and checked. I'm stumped!

That sounds more like a VSV (vacuum switching valve) for the EVAP system - basically either on or off. What you are describing sounds more like an IAT (intake air temperature) - which should look like a bulb hanging into the air stream, outside should only have an electrical connector, no vacuum tubes/hoses coming off of it. Though I don't believe all of the AE92 Corollas came with it - depends on trim, engine, emissions setup, market country, etc.

Thank you, I'll take a look.

Topic List