Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Bumper Vs Bumper Cover

By mooimkyle, March 22, 2015

So I have a 99 corolla and I am thinking about doing the 8.5 gen front end conversion. I'm just wondering why the price of the bumper cover is cheaper when it is called a bumper cover than if it's called a "bumper". From my understanding it's the same thing just $200 price difference. Is it really the same part? Is there something I should look out for?

Bumper cover is just the plastic "skin" that goes over the bumper reinforcement, brackets, and impact foam. Bumper is the heavy reinforcement beam that actually takes the majority of the damage and transmits the force to the rest of the chassis.

If you are doing the conversion - you really only need the bumper cover. Will not be a 100% swap, as the brackets will not line up and the headlamps and corner lamps will be different. If you are able to fabricate brackets - should be no problem. Otherwise, will take some creative jigging to hold onto that bumper cover.

Lots of guides online - there should be one of this forum, though I can't think of the posters name off the top of my head.

Topic List