Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Serpentine Belt

by CorollaKid, December 30, 2014

Im looking to buy a new serpentine belt for my 2006 Toyota Corolla S. Im still running on the original belt for my car. I see that O Reilly carries the Dayco, Duralast and Valucraft brand belts and AutoZone has Masterpro and Gates brand belts. Does anyone know which one I should get or are they all similar? If you can provide a link to the belt that be great. Thanks

I second dom - Goodyear Gatorback is touted to be one of the best ones you can get for a 9th gen Corolla. On my old Matrix - I was going through the OEM Bando belts every 10K-15K miles. Switched to Gatorback at 60K miles, was perfect all the way to the point that the car got totaled in an accident at 120K. Switched over my Corolla belt at ~160K miles, now with 255K miles - that belt still looks good!

Of the ones you listed, I would go with a Dayco belt (assuming this is the Poly-Rib one - 3yr warranty, special compound rubber). Duralast is a like a mid-priced version, conventional construction, Valuecraft is a price point belt, ie. - this the one to put on if you want to dump your car.

Gates and Masterpro are actually the same belt - two different names. Gates is a well known brand name, but quality hasn't been as good as it used to be. I've actually had pretty terrible luck with Gates hoses and belts, been lucky, they gave out close to home - though could have been a bad batch, but I stopped using them several years ago - don't want to risk being stranded because of a failure.

The Dayco Poly Rib with the W profile grooves is a good belt that is very quiet. I used to use Gatorbacks, but they are not as widely available as they used to be. The Dayco with the W grooves seems to be as good as the Gatorback in my experience and is widely available.

^^^ Good to know - thanks for the head's up!

Dayco's Poly Rib also has beautiful packaging, and cool colored lettering on the belt default_cool ... I slapped one onto sister's 2003 Buick Regal 3.8,over a year ago, and it's just fine.

Topic List