So I believe the code P0171 (Too Lean system) for 8th Gen. Corolla is popular, I see many people posting this issue over the internet EVERYWHERE. I am proud to be became part of them now LOL
The code actually did came out once about a year ago, when I just bought this car. But after let the Pepboys clean the fuel injectors, it went away for long time till now. But this time, its little different than before.
- Pepboys checked any leaks in intake system, None found.
- Cleaned the fuel injector again but did not fix the problem.
- Cleaned MAF sensor with MAF sensor cleaner, the light was on again. Pepboys recommanded to replace MAF sensor so I did. However, did not fix problem.
- Replaced Air filter, did not fix problem.
- Replaced PCV valve myself, Did not fix problem.
- Pepboys recommands to replace VSV, asking $240 including labor.. Thinking about it.
- Thinking about the intake manifold gasket, do they go bad usually?
Is there anything else I should look for?
Little bit info. of my car:
2000 Corolla CE, has 211,400 miles, Code P0171 comes again after about 20~30 miles since reset.
* I do hear some 'air' noise around where the engine oil dipstick is, thought its normal engine intake sound, but is it?
* Experiencing lack of power in the morning. As I pedal the accelerator, the speed goes up but rarely the speed decreased in short period of time.
Looking forward to see any solution that I could try something that fix the problem.