Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2011 Corolla Le....just Got It...and....

by cirrus, October 11, 2014

We just picked up our 2011 LE with 16K on it (to go with our 2005).....almost like new. But I missed a few things when looking at it because we had like 5 other models we were driving at the same time.

The area were the air vents are on the center console....the very top ones. There is a cover that looks to be one piece that the previous owner had a GPS mount on it....then when removing scratched it abit. Drive me nuts now that I see it.

Does that panel just pop out using the right tools? Like to replace it as I doubt that scratch can be removed.

The 2nd tiny issue was the gas cap door...it doesn't sit flush....its not bad...but again catches my eye. Is there a way to adjust that? Maybe that door tab can be bent abit?

TIA

Okay I took a much closer look at that panel. Its the whole unit for the upper vents. Looking at a Utube video all the lower/side panels have to come off first but they look to just pop off. I bet that panel/unit is $$$$ to buy but is there a good parts web site to get a price or any Toy techs here?

Could you post photos?

cirrus,

I'll bet you could fill the scratch and find paint that would match. A good automotive paint store should be able to match the paint--and by match, I mean not only the color of the black (all blacks are not equal) but the matte finish, too.

The gas fill cover could probably be bent back into shape. Probably was bumped into while open, and the hinge got bent a bit or whatever.

Only 16,000 on a 3-year-old car is a good find! Just remember the scratch on the dash and the bent fuel door isn't the car's fault!!!

the dash pulls apart easy. what I would do is go to a wrecking yard find a good one and pull it off and replace yours. should not cost to much.

Hi guys......thanks for the ideas...

Dom: Yea let me see if later on I can get a pic posted.

Mike: I was looking at stuff online to fix scratches...ect. We have a top line auto paint shop store that I can show them and see what they think. Funny this morning my wife vented over how bad I get with stuff like this and said the same thing about the low mileage...how immaculate the rest of the interior is and the price we got it for. She shook her head saying..."you are to much with how you want things to be". I did see it before we bought it....there were two of them. One I wiped off with my fingers and thought same for the other one. Nope....but I was so busy with checking out everything else that I never thought of going back to see if it'd come off. Now it irrates me. And yes....its not the cars fault....hopefully it will be as fine a car as my 2005 has been. Plus with the tele steering wheel I can get a lot more comfy with the pedals.

echarles: The Utube video made it look sorta easy getting the panels off....but me and panels....yeoow. Wish the boneyard up the street from me let people go in and get the parts themselves....then I could practice first on a junk car getting those panels off. I don't wan to make more of a mess of it by me screwing something up. I did find a brand new OEM panel online....they sell just that piece for $140. Not sure how those vents are attached though.

vents should be part of it

From what one online Toy store was telling me is the panel comes without the vents....those are another price. I'm going to try and remove one of the side panels tomorrow....but....me and interior panels never seem to come to any understanding and they usually win. default_smile

Topic List