Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By bhp02, August 2, 2014

is there easy lazy way to change this ??

I forgot all about it since new Lol ??

sorry..I think I may have changed it a bit with a tube inserted into reservoir... but I can't remember if it was this car or other older cars that I no longer own..

how often to change ??

I've replaced my power steering fluid at about every 50,000 miles, 3 times so far. I replace all of the PS fluid by draining it completely at the return line, by disconnecting it after removing front pasenger side wheel. With the reservoir fitting plugged after pulling off what is the upper end of return line, I keep filling reservoir with new fluid as I turn steering wheel lock to lock a few times to speed it up and help flush the system until clean new fluid starts coming out. I then reconnect return line at both ends, and top off reservoir... You can use ATF, and also upgrade to synthetic ATF. I'm actually on Mobil's ATF+4, which I like. You only need 1 quart.

the lazier way (my way) is to suck the fluid out of the resevoir with a narrow turkey baster or something similar. This method only gets a small percentage of the total fluid, but it is so easy you can do it often and over time it will keep the fluid in good shape.

yes the lazy way is for me..I don't want to risk breaking the 12 yrs old hose..

Topic List