Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Rear Speakers

by echarleswhyte, July 27, 2014

Well, turned out they were not easier to do. After putting off doing my rear speakers (for background story read my front speaker thread) I decided to take everything apart and take a look at what I had to work with. Here is the stock speaker

I then cut out the basket to fit the new speakers

then I took the factory connector apart. I wanted to completely remove the factory wire but it is to delicate and I left as it

I used shrink tube to keep the wires together.

I thought this plastic was solid and I could screw new speaker into it (sorta what I did on my fronts) but when I took the foam off it turn out to be hollow. What I did was filled it in with epoxy glue where needed and glued the screws in it. this by far is the weakest link and hopefully it works cuz I don't want to take it all apart again. Sorry no pic of the marriage

I cut down the molded plastic that extends and seals with the foam on the speakers so as to not have any clearance issues with new speakers

Looks pretty good to me!

Shouldn't come loose, as you dropped them in from the top onto the existing "basket". Mine were too tall to fit in that manner - so I mounted them from the bottom-up. Drawback, is that they project pretty far into the trunk - on more than a couple of occasions, I've bumped the speaker magnet/basket with cargo I was loading into the trunk.

They're using a rare earth magnet, interesting way to save weight and size.

well, so far all seems good. no issues with installation as of yet.

Topic List