Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2014 Corolla Led Headlights

by Ruffian0430, June 2, 2014 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

Anyone else not impressed with the coverage of the led lights when in low beam?

I've been back to the dealership twice. Once to get the lights adjusted in which they said they were fine and designed that way and the second time because I'm noticing in the upper left hand corner of the light projection on the road a ghostly shape (best way to describe it).

The technician said it was the way the led lights project through the headlight lens and it was normal and it will take some getting used to.

Anyone experience similar issues? Am I worrying about nothing?

From what I've seen from the those LEDs, I don't think it is an issue with the LED itself, more their placement and the lightpath for illumination. IMO, it was more of a cosmetic thing than anything performance related. Other manufacturers also have mixed reviews with their LED lighting - some are great, some are worse than the 11th gen Corolla. Many have just pushed the LED lamps off to auxillary lighting needs, like driving/fog lamps, halos, etc. - not the primary lighting use. The only ones that I know that were successful, were on the mega-buck variants on the flagships for Audi, Mercedes, and BMW.

Unfortunately, Toyota took an almost DIY approach to the Corolla - which leads to the funny light projection/glare you are seeing. Weird, as Toyota has much experience in their Lexus lineup. Same way with their EPS setups - the Lexus models have a great natural, weighted feel - while the ones on the other Toyota line up feel disconnected, artificial in operation.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)