Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Opinion

by echarleswhyte, March 15, 2014

hey guys looking for some opinions here. I purchased 2 black TRD emblems because they were like$6 and free shipping. I'm not one for putting "go fast" emblems on a stock car and not entirely sure I will use them but wanted opinions on where they would look best on the car. here is what I narrowed down to;

I vote for option # 3.

I like option #4. Have you tried it on the opposite side? If you were to measure the distance from the S to the trunk gap to the right of it, and place the TRD emblem on the left side the same distance away, that might look cool. You'd have TRD on the left side of the back of the trunk lid, and the S on the right side. Might be a good balance.

measurements would be taken for sure. Both options are good. However, I just ordered VVT-I emblems today and will wait to get them before I put anything on. I have nothing TRD on the veh and I don't like to "fake" it so I am fairly sure I will not use the TRD emblems. Plus I don't want to clutter the car with VVT-I AND TRD emblems. IDK, I will wait for the new emblems to come and I will update the post (looking at about a month, as they are free shipping)

I have TRD decals on front and rear window. With all my actual mods, the only TRD part I have is a black duracon shift knob, which I love.

I vote for option 4. Looks pretty cool right next to the "S" emblem.

will not be using these badges as of yet. If i get something TRD then I will use one. I ordered some VVT-I badges. It will be long process as I will only purchase items that are cheap (as in price) and free shipping so each item will take a long time to get to me but I will post the progress.

well the TRD thing is on hold indefinitely. Here is a teaser of what I'm doing. When the rest of the badges show I will post more.

I dig the VVT-i badge much more than I do the TRD one. And that they're chrome makes more of a statement than the black finish of the TRD badge.

it does look good, I will not spoil it as there is more to come

OK finally got the last thing bought (for now lol). As you all may know (or if you don't some FYI) the Corolla sold in Japan is know as the Corolla Axio (smaller than export model) and the rest of the world gets the Corolla Altis. I have done lots of research and in most markets (Asean, South American) there are 3 choices of engines. 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0. Badges and the location of them on the veh vary by region. so I modeled my car after the Brazilian marker one and this is what I got

There is a "dual" badge that sits above the VVT-I. Have not decided if I will get those or not yet

Topic List