Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Tire Choices Goodyear Integrity Vs Firestone Affinity Touring

By reneerose, December 29, 2013

Anyone have opinions? Am going through reviews. Thinking of changing the two fronts. Have had the 4 Michelin Destiny on my car for last 4 years. Forgot the miles. Should I replace all 4 as they all have wear on edge and I can see Lincoln's head when I use a penny test. Though the wear is still decent on the middle part of all tires. One mechanic says I have 1 more year, another says six months, and Wheelworks says now. Who do I trust?

integrity is really bad IMHO.

Now I'm thinking Firestone Precision Touring or Dunlop II over Goodyear. I currently have Michelin Destiny- I drive in wet weather and do not have ABS.

which ever you go with you should change all four

Tires start degrading faster when they're 6 years old like your Michelins. As they harden and crack, traction is gradually reduced. Replacing only the fronts would worsen your rear end sliding out tendency. Rear tires should always be at least as good as the fronts. It will also be much better balanced and stable with 4 of the same tires... Were they often underinflated, which led to more wear on the edges?

Avoid crappy Goodyear Integrity... Are you looking for 185/65-14's, and where are you getting them from?

Yes am looking for that size. Was dumb as listened to struts guy who said I could last one more year with those tires and had alignment first after strut job from Wheelworks, to avoid another repay of alignment I have to get tires from them - maybe order the Firestone Precision touring?

I see they have Firestone Affinity Touring at 25% off, but they don't show any Firestone Precision Touring tires...

http://www.wheelworks.net/tires/search/size

You did mention Affinity in this thread title... Mediocre tire with poor reviews. Often on sale, and not worth more than discounted price.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Affinity+Touring

You'd be much better going with Falken Sincera SN211 tires which are made in Japan.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Reviews/Falken/Sincera+SN211

• 23 posts

Summer tires on our 2007 Corolla CE are 195/65R15 Michelin Defenders. Handling good, mileage good, wear good, quiet & ride well. Decent price at Discount Tire when compared to Schwab's Toyo Eclipse - less tire for more money, though I have 'em on our Crown Vic.

Winter tires are General Altimax Arctic, looking good at 30K and 3rd season. Just went with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 on the Crown Vic, and that will be the next winter tire for the Corolla - unless they come up with an even better Hakka by next year.

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S are good tires. I'd personally get those before the others you listed.

no intent to hijack the thread,but its the same ? for me too. My complication is i have hearing damage and loss,also 'tinnitus' the constant ringing in the ear. ageing not fun. was a route driver useing small cars for the last 12 years. the constant road noise slowly damaged my ears more and more through the years. i would hear better at the begining of the route and worse at the end . My point ,seeking similar advice as the O.P. is. I need very,very quiet tires that will give good traction during the Chicagoland winters and wet seasons. a good 4 season tire,decent price thats a 'wisper of a ride" . mileage is least criteria. i bought set of toyo tires,dont recall what type. the salesman snowed me and claim 'quiet ride' and a better tire than what i wanted that was out of stock for same price. got size next size up that fit, 205 something,something. after few days realize tires were noisier and harder sidewall/tread compound. I know there are many 'off brand,name tires' made by major manufactuers to check into, personal experience ,advise welcome.

I ended up getting Michelin Defenders as a Christmas special deal as they ran out of Pirellis (I got the price they would have given me for the Pirellis) and they have been great so far, quiet and good with wet weather (so far).

This was from America's Tire. I closed the door on Wheelworks.

I put Michelin Harmony's on and and lost 5mpg from the Infinity's. I was getting a consistant 40mpg with two sets of Infinity's. When I had the Harmony's installed I immeditly went down to 35mpg and a nosily ride. That summer I put my old Infinity's back on and mileage went back up to 40mpg. This fall I put the set of Harmony's back on and am still getting 35-36mpg with them after 6000 mile wear. The reason I got the Harmony's was to get a quieter ride than what the Infinity's produced. Now that I have some wear on the Harmony's they have quieted down to what I had hoped for. I never expected tires to make such a mpg difference. I also have a Suzuki Kizashi that I just had Michelin Defender's installed and I agree with Reneerose & Hamilton Felix the Defender's give a quiet ride and no mpg loss from the Dunlops they replaced.

Michelin's or Falkens are the best for corolla's. Hankook optimo's aren't a bad choice either. continental conti-pro's are very quiet.

cooper cs-4's are a great combination of good qualities too.

Stay clear of any tire with year or stone in the name.

I planned to put Hankook 727 Optimo's on my car when the existing tires wore out. I had heard that the 727 Optimo was a quiet smooth riding tire. When one tire had a unfixable sidewall puncture I got a Hankook 727 optimo to replace it. It was noticeably quieter but when the other tires where worn the 727 Optimo was also worn. This was within 20,000 miles. How fast the Hankook wore caused me to change my plans and get Michelin's for my next set.

Summer tires on our 2007 Corolla CE are 195/65R15 Michelin Defenders. Handling good, mileage good, wear good, quiet & ride well. Decent price at Discount Tire when compared to Schwab's Toyo Eclipse - less tire for more money, though I have 'em on our Crown Vic.

Winter tires are General Altimax Arctic, looking good at 30K and 3rd season. Just went with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 on the Crown Vic, and that will be the next winter tire for the Corolla - unless they come up with an even better Hakka by next year.

I like Nokian tires , best traction I've ever had without studs. I had Cooper tires for summer . I took them off on November 6th 2001 . I was eagar to drive in the snow.

Topic List