Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By BobLevine, October 1, 2013 in Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)

Had poor results with OEM All-Weather mats in my Gen 9 Corollas. Thinking of buying a set for my 2013 Corolla and wonder if the Gen 10 OEM All-Weather mats have a good lifespan.

The driver mat usually wore through leaving three good mats and 1 worn out mat. The mats are only sold in sets of 4, so you need to change 3 good mats to get the driver mat replaced.

Anyone have experience with the Gen 10 all-weathers? Supposedly, the material was changed to a denser polymer.

Thanks.

I don't know about the 10th gen Corolla - but the ones in the Rav4 were just OK. The OEM carpet floor mats in the 2nd gen Matrix (mechanically similar to a 10th gen Corolla) were dismal. They look OK, but I wouldn't count on them to hold up too long. Denser material than on my 2003 Matrix (that was like a soft closed cell foam, the 2nd gen mat is a little "stiffer"). Either one are as good as the Weather Tech aftermarket mats - cost not taken into account. Fitment wise - I had no issues with WeatherTech, quality wise- they have a lot thicker pad material, deeper ridges to hold more material. OEM sort of looks like the Weather Tech one, but made from 50% less material.

Thanks.

I'm now using the Weathertech AVM mats that I had in my Gen 9 and were easily modified to fit the Gen 10.

Maybe I'll just stick with Weathertech.

are there any safety issues with placing thicker mats ??

the dealership mentioned this with my after market mat.

are there any safety issues with placing thicker mats ??

the dealership mentioned this with my after market mat.

Mine never block the pedal function.

The WeatherTech ones I have have provisions for the mat holding clips. Assuming you are not double stacking the mats and using the retention clips - should be a non issue.

It is not uncommon for the drivers side mat to develop a hole as that is usually where your heel sits and it gets the most use. As far as the oem ones I can't say as I've only had them for a month and a half. I'm sure in time it will wear through the question is when.

The driver's side mat in my '09 Corolla has begun to wear through, too. It's curious, though, as my total miles are less than 34,000. Wish I could just get the driver's mat, but of all the places I've checked, I have to buy a complete front set.

You can possibly try a wrecker. If they get a car that is missing one or two mats they would part out the rest. However the drivers side is likely the first one to be snatched up.

I just bought a set of 4 Weathertech Custom Fit mats.

A great fit.

The Weathertech mats for my previous Gen 9 were not custom fit but were semi-custom and didn't fit too well.

Good to know - thanks for the follow up! Aftermarket can be hit or miss - great to hear that this one fits.

Good to know - thanks for the follow up! Aftermarket can be hit or miss - great to hear that this one fits.

Thanks, Fish.

Just took the new mats out to vacuum and see if any dirt sneaked in past the mat as was happening before.

No dirt! I'm very pleased with Weathertech.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla (2009 until 2018-19 “TNGA”)