Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Door Trim On 2001

by ozarkbill, September 2, 2013

I have a 2001 with tan interior. The door trim piece on all 4 doors has cracked A thin tan cover that looks like tan tape. underneath is a white sort of foam piece that goes into a channel by the headliner. it is a inside body piece not a door piece.

Can you do anything to these besides replace, paint,etc. New ones are listed at $60 each. Anyone else have this trouble. The tape like covering is very brittle and easily cracks off the main piece.

Anyone else have this problem?

I've seen the exterior trim crack and peel - but have not heard of that particular trim doing that on the 8th gen Corolla.

Other than purchasing a new part - paint might be your only option. The plastic paint they have now, sticks really well with just basic prep work. Doesn't peel or crack off like the older formulations.

If this will work - hard to say. Worth a shot - worse case, you can always opt to replace the trim as a last resort.

K_Watson

All of mine are peeling, the vinyl shrinks, and stiffens with prolonged UV exposure. I just keep an eye out for them when i go shopping for interior door handles at the junkyard. default_biggrin

Yes interior door handles are another issue.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)