Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By cheevue, May 23, 2013

Hello, I have a 2004 Corolla S and the light on the automatic gear selector seems to have died out, does anyone know how to change it and what kind of bulb it needs? Also my corolla does not have a windshield washer bottle at all so would I have to buy everything such as the bottle, pump, and wires to connect it?

Have to take the trim plate off the shift selector to get at the bulb. Could possible be the wiring got pinched - have to open it up to see. There should be some pretty detailed directions on this forum - but here is a shorter version on Toyotanation that I ran across on a quick search:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/132-9th-generation-2003-2008/386764-how-replace-2004-corolla-shifter-light.html

As for the washer pump system - that is pretty unusual to not have that already installed on the car, unless it was specialty ordered without it or was removed due to some other modification/accident. Easiest way to get one is to hit a salvage yard and pickup any 9th gen washer system (control stalk, pump, fluid reservoir, tubes, nozzles, etc.) They do have aftermarket ones as well - be my second choice if I couldn't find an OEM to install.

Thanks I just changed the lighting, it was simple

But for my washer tank I will try to look for one at a junk yard, and I'm not sure why it did not come with one. Also would I have to buy the wires that connects it? My corolla has some extra wires where the washer bottle should be but I'm not sure if those are for it.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)