Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

By permitchaser, April 9, 2013

Hello , everyone I am new here , I have a 98 corolla LE I just bought standard . Very happy the only thing is this problem ,my friend check it with the computer and said the speed sensor ,my question is if I buy it will both the speedometer and digital odometer work? Any advise will be greatly appreciated . default_smile

The odometer still displays the mileage, but it doesn't change as you drive? It could be the speed sensor on the transmission. Is it automatic or manual? Is the trouble code P0500?

The odometer still displays the mileage, but it doesn't change as you drive? It could be the speedometer's driven gear (speed sensor) on the transmission. Is it automatic or manual? Is the trouble code P0500?

No the odometer don't work ,its a manual transmission .I don't recall the code but it said speed sensor on his computer .I will try to find a speed sensor to change it and see what happen,by the way anybody knows when could I find one ?I live in Miami thank dom for your reply.

ok thanks buddy I will ,I will post again when I solve this problem ,I want to drive to the Keys to fish cant go until I fix it ,lol cops on the Keys don't play games default_biggrin

Odometer reading does not display anything at all, or the mileage is displayed but does not change as you drive? Check speed sensor connector and wiring first.

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # SC180 http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1432910,parttype,10634

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=817455&cc=1432910

So you haven't specified yet... Does it display the odometer mileage which doesn't increase as you drive, or does it not display the odometer mileage at all??

So you haven't specified yet... Does it display the odometer mileage which doesn't increase as you drive, or does it not display the odometer mileage at all??
odometer doesn't display nothing .

Remove the instrument cluster, clean the connections, and make sure it's well plugged in.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)