Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Question About Battery Replacement, 2004 Corolla S

By dave30076, December 29, 2012

Sorry if it's already been asked, search didn't help. I have a 2004 Corolla S (5 spd), have had it since new. Several years back, I replaced the battery at AutoZone, and the one they sold me wasn't really big enough for the battery carrier. I fashioned up something to raise the battery, it worked. Well, now, my car, at 9 years old, is ready for battery #3. Everywhere I look, it lists the battery needed as a 26R. I got a 26R at WalMart yesterday ($59, not bad), and it appears that it too is too small for that battery holder.

Is there a better size for the 2004 Corolla, a bigger battery? Should I swap this one out for a different one? My Corolla has been parked behind the house for about a year, the current battery is dead, dead, dead. I'm pulling the car back out, going to get current tags back on it, and start driving it again. I miss driving the stick shift.

friendly_jacek

It is size 35. Circa $100 at walmart. If 26R is much cheaper, it's much smaller.

It is size 35. Circa $100 at walmart. If 26R is much cheaper, it's much smaller.

Thanks. I am seeing the 26R, but I am also seeing some Model 35 batteries. That makes more sense, need to get the bigger one. Both are shown as "exact fit", but it's pretty clear now, that 26R is not really an exact fit.

Were you even able to return the 26R at Walmart to exchange it for a 35N battery?

You can delete your duplicate post by clicking on 'delete', by the way.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)