Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2Zzge On Ae111

By GearSpeedKelvo, September 25, 2012

Does anyone here know the complete parts needed for the 2ZZGE swap on an AE111?

Thanks.

Best to have a 1/2 cut - basically the front half a donor car. This has been done before - but it is a non-trival swap. Much of what you'll need will be dependent on where you source the swapped powertrain. Need a bit more info - have ABS on the receiving car, what you plan on running for engine management, what your ultimate goal for this swap (replace a dead or dying engine or just want to swap in the 2ZZ-GE), swapping the 6-speed from the 2ZZ-GE over, axles choice, hub choice, brakes, suspension, gauges, etc.?

As for a how-to or parts listing - as far as I know, that doesn't exist. Too many variables to swap from one platform to another to come up with a complete list. That's why having a 1/2 cut makes for less headaches. You'll have basically the entire wiring harness, gauges, pedals, brake/clutch master cylinder (the AE111 uses two separate reservoirs/actuators - the 2ZZ-GE apps use a singe one). Depending on where you source the 2ZZ-GE powertrain - might be looking at a fair amount of fabrication - even though they are similar in size and the mounts are close - this is far from a drop in swap.

I did the swap already my problem is the axle.The celica axle didn't reach the other side which needs around 2 inches more.

What axle can I use to have a longer axle?

Thanks.

That is sort of weird. Chassis between the AE111 and E110 are really close, I know that there are a few 8th gen Corolla E110 with a 2ZZ-GE swap and they were able to reuse the axles no problem.

But if everything fit except the axle - possible the ones from a 2003-2007 Matrix XRS and Pontiac Vibe GT would fit. From what I remember, those axles were longer due to different packaging. Same engine, same transaxles, same hubs - just different chassis.

Another option is to go with custom made axles - not sure where you are at, but here in the US, custom axles are not appreciably more expensive than higher quality aftermarket axle assemblies.

Topic List