Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2005 Le Radio And Clock Out

by pgwerner, July 23, 2012

In my 2005 Corolla LE, I've had my CD player and radio stop working or even displaying, soon followed by the clock doing the same thing and the cigarette lighter delivering no power.

My guess is that it's simply a fuse that needs replacement. My question, though, is how do I *get* to the fuse? Is this easy, or does it involve bodywork-level removal of paneling?

Thanks!

Peter

The fuse you are likely after is inside the cabin, right above the driver's side kick panel area. Sometimes referred to as the instrument panel junction block. From what you posted, not getting any power, likely it is the CIG fuse (15A) - if memory serves me correctly. Might not be a bad idea to check the other fuses as well - make sure those are OK as well.

The fuse you are likely after is inside the cabin, right above the driver's side kick panel area. Sometimes referred to as the instrument panel junction block. From what you posted, not getting any power, likely it is the CIG fuse (15A) - if memory serves me correctly. Might not be a bad idea to check the other fuses as well - make sure those are OK as well.

Thanks for the help so far! It is indeed to the right of the steering wheel, behind the panel. Not the easiest place to access, but doable. So now I can see what I'm dealing with. I had to do a lot of digging through the owners manual to find what I needed, but I think I'm on top of it.

Off to buy some extra fuses for the vehicle (it's good to have spares). I'll post something later as to whether I had success or not.

OK, finally did it. It was indeed the 15-amp CIG fuse, and replacing it fixed most of the problems with that circuit - the radio, clock, and shift indicator light are all back. The only thing on that circuit that still doesn't seem to work is the power control for the right rear view mirror (left one works fine). I tested all the other circuits and none seem to be out.

I was having difficulty figuring out how to remove the fuse, as the one that I bought with the spare fuse kit didn't seem to work. Eventually I figured out that it was a puller for large fuses, not small ones. I found a small fuse puller in the spare fuses box under the trunk, and it worked great.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Peter

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)