Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2001 Corolla - P0420 - 125K Miles

Guest prasadh

Planning to replace my cat. Would like to know member experiences with these brands & would like to know which should I go with ?

- Magnaflow - universal- p/n 46004 - $171.58 in amazon

- Walker - p/n 81701 - $ 178.99 autozone

- CATCO - p/n 612004 - $ 97.00 - ebay

Also would like to know whether all the 3 parts have the correct input & output dia (2 inch each) for fitting in my corolla.

Cheers

Check Magnaflow's site out and get a list of parts that work with your car. In my 98's case there were two,one with pipes and one with just the (same) converter. Just the converter will probably be less expensive at Advanced Auto's site (not store)and cost me 60 bucks and 16 minutes to have a muffler cut it in.

Beware, AA site will not show you the Magnaflow part number and they will lie, so be persistent. I got mine for 80 bucks with $25.00 coupon for future use. And to get free shipping make sure that the total is mmor than 75 bucks by adding a cheep item.

You need the year and if it is a California car to do a proper search, mine is a 49 state HM converter.

Just checked, if yours is 49 state, just the converter is a 99204HM, the same as mine. Works great, the code will go away in a day or two, but is actually still there with a scanner. So you have to clear it to pass emissions.

You just saved a hundred bucks!

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)