Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

2007 Corolla Without Ac?

by Snow Tire May 29, 2012

I was looking online for belts for 2005 and 2007 . And the first ones that are listed for my cars are about 60 inches.

They say w/o AC or Ecpt AC. Why would they list these first? Can you even buy a Corolla without air conditioning? If someone doesn't read the fine print, they will buy the wrong belt.

the other ones listed farther down the list are about 74 inches.

What size is correct? 74 or 60?

I have never seen a corolla or any other modern automobile come from the factory without air conditioning.

Thank you for the Rock auto link. They have the stock belt listed as a "customer favorite" . That was a good clue for me. I guess some people just bypass the compressor pulley

if it fails. I purchased two 74 inch belts from Amazon, for 48 bucks delivered .

It's nice that parts suppliers carry optional sizes but they should be listed last , or they should say original equipment.

they make you go through all the steps of inputting the make, model, year, trim,---. color, tire size, air freshener scent, brand of car wax.

Then they give you multiple choices of belt size.?! It's just not fair.

My car is an LE. In 2005 there was only one 1.8 engine . power windows rear drums and no fog lights.

It comes with a 74 inch belt. and AC. Thanks again, my problem is solved. I'm sure there are many unsuspecting car owners who will buy the wrong belt because of unclear autoparts websites.

A/C is still option on the base models - though very few Corollas have the A/C system deleted it does happen. Cryptic and unclear descriptions, or sometimes just incorrect descriptions make it that much more confusing.

Just one of those things that has you staying ontop of your toes when DIYing - stuff like this usually means an extra trip back to the parts store. Just chalk it up to experience - after this, you unlikely forget to check what the belt lengths is. Eventually, you'll start to get familiar with part number decoding and figuring out what works best for the car.

AC is actually considered to be the option. Two different belt lengths are listed, simply because either belt is used depending if you have AC or not, as noted... There are also different applications for other parts, depending on model, engine, etc. You should of course read the description before ordering any part, and you should know if your car has AC or not..

Thanks guys. The belts arrived packed so tightly that they were deformed. I hung them on a door knob for a couple of days and now they have returned to there original shape. I will install them as soon as I find the right size socket.

Thanks for all your help .

PS. I feel sorry for the guy with the unairconditioned Corolla. It's going to be a long hot summer!

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)