Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest Allen

My 2005 'rolla A/C has been intermittently working for the past 3 months or so. With the A/C button pushed, it would work great for a while, then stop cooling, but the fan would continue to work. After a while, it would start cooling again. Now, though, it has stopped cooling altogether. The light is still on in the button, the fan still works, etc., but no cool air, just warm air. Any thoughts? I have seen some talk about relays and fuses, but did not think it was a fuse, as the problem was intermittent before it stopped working at all. HELP! Don't really have $$ to take it to dealer. Thanks!

Sounds like a refrigerant issue.

Seems to me if you had an electrical/fuse issue, the fan wouldn't work, the light wouldn't illuminate, and so on.

Perhaps a reputable shop could check out your a/c's lines and so on; give it a good pressure test.

Guest hand757

I experienced an identical situation with my 2003. It turned out to be the a/c relay. Simply swap the horn relay with a/c relay (since they are the same) and see if that cures your problem.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)