Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Trans Slipping

by 2006corolla, February 22, 2012

Have a 2006 Corolla bought new. It's been a great car.

After reading on the forum about Trans Fluid changing I went ahead and had a flush at about 35,000 miles (by Toyota), car now has 50,000. Right after the flush the transmission started slightly slipping. The slipping only seems to accure when I accelerate after or during a turn. The slipping is minor in the since that if I accelerate slowly or even somewhat agressive it won't slip.

Anyway with the miileage I thought about having another flush, what your views? Could a flush fix or just have the fluid changed. Have not had the dealer or anyone look at it, I assume there is no real adjustment these days.

Have you checked the fluid level and color? Remember transmission fluid is to be checked at normal operating temperature. Is your car still under warranty?

Have you checked the fluid level and color? Remember transmission fluid is to be checked at normal operating temperature. Is your car still under warranty?

LOL, Transmissions don't slip under warranty do they...no on the warranty.

Fluid level was fine, don't recall color, however will check in the morning. Thanks for responding.

friendly_jacek

wrong fluid used?

I would do it again with proper fluid just to be sure.

wrong fluid used?

I would do it again with proper fluid just to be sure.

The flush was done by Toyota so I doubt it's the wrong fluid. Looked at the color this morning and it looks fine, about 15 to 20,000 mile post flush. I looked at it when the car was cool, and it appears to be overfilled. The level on the stick is cold is the lowest, then hot above and mines filled higher that hot by maybe a half inch.

Thanks for the responses.

friendly_jacek

The flush was done by Toyota so I doubt it's the wrong fluid. Looked at the color this morning and it looks fine, about 15 to 20,000 mile post flush. I looked at it when the car was cool, and it appears to be overfilled. The level on the stick is cold is the lowest, then hot above and mines filled higher that hot by maybe a half inch.

Thanks for the responses.

Ya, right. Dealerships never make mistakes!

Did you know engine has to run when you check ATF level?

I bet they used the wrong fluid or left it low. When I was a kid I had a shop change the fluid in my pontiac junkbird and they left it low several quarts. I didn't know how to check the fluid back then so I took it to the chevy dealer and they informed me of the problem. Luckily it didn't do any long lasting damage.

Also, you could try the high mileage walmart transmission fluid. My grandmothers 4l60E in her caddy was slipping on downshifts until I ran this fluid for about 15,000 miles in it. It shifts perfectly now with well over 100,000 miles on it. The one you want comes in a red bottle.

Topic List