Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Carkit Corolla 2008 Cables

by E0x, February 2, 2012

Hello ,

i am looking a few option for carkit for my car a corolla type S 2008 , now my question is what cable i need check that coming with the car kit or need buy aside of the carkit ?

the carkit's i am checkout is:

Nokia CK-300

Nokia CK-600

Parrot MKi9100

if you have any other consideration will great help too

i read about a few cable ( ISO cable and Metra BT-1761 Bluetooth Integration Harness ) but nto sure about that i need.

Thanks

What headunit do you have in the car? The model of it will direct you to additional cables, if needed.

I take it you will be choosing from the three bluetooth kits you have listed there. Also depends on how you want this to work - basically how tightly integrated do you want the bluetooth to be with your existing headunit. You'll need the control cable from the bluetooth unit to the headunit - depending on that model of the headunit, may be a non-starter.

What headunit do you have in the car? The model of it will direct you to additional cables, if needed.

I take it you will be choosing from the three bluetooth kits you have listed there. Also depends on how you want this to work - basically how tightly integrated do you want the bluetooth to be with your existing headunit. You'll need the control cable from the bluetooth unit to the headunit - depending on that model of the headunit, may be a non-starter.

thanks for the answer , i have what i think is the standard headunit and i want be able to answer call , make call and stream music from my mobile to the car

You'll have to add an AUX connection to your headunit in order to even get started. Couple of options here - one is to get a Toyota harness that added AUX capability - just search the web for those harness kits, most are designed to add iPod/iPhone connectivity, but the base principle to add an AUX channel is what you are after. Just to note, some of those kits can be pricey, some go anywhere from $100-$150 for the wiring. At that point, you are almost up to the entry level aftermarket headunits that has Bluetooth built-in.

Once you get the AUX channel to the headunit, there is a control box that is wired in to allow the Bluetooth module to control the headunit. These are generally separate from the AUX wiring kit, so you'll likely be looking at additional costs there. After that, then you can add those Bluetooth modules/controllers.

Myself - I've generally opted to go the aftermarket route instead of making the OEM headunit work beyond its capability. So I don't have any direct part numbers for you to look up. One option is to take a peek at Crutchfield.com website and see if you can email a tech there - bought tons of stuff from them, as they are happy to answer all sorts of questions, even if you ultimately don't buy from them. They might have some other options and price ranges that might work better for you.

You'll have to add an AUX connection to your headunit in order to even get started. Couple of options here - one is to get a Toyota harness that added AUX capability - just search the web for those harness kits, most are designed to add iPod/iPhone connectivity, but the base principle to add an AUX channel is what you are after. Just to note, some of those kits can be pricey, some go anywhere from $100-$150 for the wiring. At that point, you are almost up to the entry level aftermarket headunits that has Bluetooth built-in.

Once you get the AUX channel to the headunit, there is a control box that is wired in to allow the Bluetooth module to control the headunit. These are generally separate from the AUX wiring kit, so you'll likely be looking at additional costs there. After that, then you can add those Bluetooth modules/controllers.

Myself - I've generally opted to go the aftermarket route instead of making the OEM headunit work beyond its capability. So I don't have any direct part numbers for you to look up. One option is to take a peek at Crutchfield.com website and see if you can email a tech there - bought tons of stuff from them, as they are happy to answer all sorts of questions, even if you ultimately don't buy from them. They might have some other options and price ranges that might work better for you.

i will look in your suggestion but

what i find in internet was that if i go to the option of parrot mik9100 like example i just need buy the harness

this option:

http://amzn.com/B000G70M1Y

or this option:

http://amzn.com/B0044XTLNQ

not sure yet , both have review of the user that work with they corollas

what do you think ?

Hard to say for sure - I believe that the pinouts on the 9th gen Corolla are different than the previous generation. Since I no longer have my 2003 Matrix headunit to verify the pins, hopefully someone else on the forums in the same situation as you can help out.

In the mean time, contact Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com) - see if they have more info on the pins that you'll need to connect to.

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)