Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Does A 2000 Corolla Le Have A Low Fuel Light?

By cj10566, December 28, 2011

Does a 2000 Corolla LE (Auto) have a low fuel light?

I have found some people saying that the LE model does not have a low fuel light but that the lower model VE & CE do.

Does anyone have a 2000 Corolla LE (Auto) and can confirm if it does or doesn't?

Thanks

Never heard of any car manufacturer that doesn't have a low fuel warning lamp. All the Corollas models and trim have the low fuel lamp.

Possible that if you not seen it, it could be either a bad lamp or bad sending unit. The all warning lamps as well as the low fuel lamp will be illuminated on the initial self-check when you first crank the key to ON.

I know some older vehicles that didn't have a low fuel light but I figure by 2000 it would. Before I posted online I did some google research and found someone who posted that for some strange reason the 2000 Corolla LE didn't have a low fuel light but the 2000 CE and VE did. default_huh

I have no low fuel light on initial start up, so it may be burned out. I didn't want to pull the dash apart if it might not have one.

How does no one else on here have a 2000 Corolla LE lol

Never heard of any car manufacturer that doesn't have a low fuel warning lamp. All the Corollas models and trim have the low fuel lamp.

Possible that if you not seen it, it could be either a bad lamp or bad sending unit. The all warning lamps as well as the low fuel lamp will be illuminated on the initial self-check when you first crank the key to ON.

Have you tried to get the fuel gauge low enough to trigger the low fuel light? Some cars, you have to get it pretty low (my Matrix when it pops on, you got less than a 1.5 gallons left), others have a pretty optimistic low fuel lamp (like my Corolla - comes on when I have about 3 gallons left).

I'll have to try it again later - but this morning, I didn't notice the fuel lamp come on during the initial warning lamp check. I'll try it again, when I go home and see if it shows up on with the other warning lamps. Also note that when it lights up - it lights up very gradually. Doesn't turn full on until I've driven quite a bit past the initial low fuel warning.

Looking on the Toyotanation forum - this question also came up. There, a few owners with 2000 Corolla LE verified that they did have a low fuel lamp - so possible that your bulb is burned out or possible that there is a wiring issue from the fuel sending unit to your combination meter (gauges).

I think the tank is 13.2 gallons and I've refueled with at least 2 gallons left in the tank. It might need to get lower like your Matrix ill have to try it.

Have you tried to get the fuel gauge low enough to trigger the low fuel light? Some cars, you have to get it pretty low (my Matrix when it pops on, you got less than a 1.5 gallons left), others have a pretty optimistic low fuel lamp (like my Corolla - comes on when I have about 3 gallons left).

I'll have to try it again later - but this morning, I didn't notice the fuel lamp come on during the initial warning lamp check. I'll try it again, when I go home and see if it shows up on with the other warning lamps. Also note that when it lights up - it lights up very gradually. Doesn't turn full on until I've driven quite a bit past the initial low fuel warning.

Looking on the Toyotanation forum - this question also came up. There, a few owners with 2000 Corolla LE verified that they did have a low fuel lamp - so possible that your bulb is burned out or possible that there is a wiring issue from the fuel sending unit to your combination meter (gauges).

Topic List: Go to Toyota Corolla, Chevy Prizm (1998-2008)