Corollas2019-23ToyotasTech

Search Corolland!

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ

Guest SoCal_CJ

Anyone have the All-Weather Package???

here is more on the car we will get next week...

we have ordered a 2004-S, got the sport package, we wanted ABS Brakes and side air bags, not normally found in So Cal, so we ordered it 2 weeks ago , should have in a week or so, since we were ordering it we got a few options not normally found like the All-Weather package only $50, adds a all weather coating around the bottom , insulation around the windsheild, cool but the main thing was a larger heater blower moter and vents towards the rear, have not seen them yet but should push the A/c as wellbetter and more directed towards the rear and for $50 why not???

We also got the 6 speaker CD/AM/FM , no need for cAssette, so why add it, may upgrade but this way the mounts are there...

Already have in the garage waiting for the arival mlike a new Dad...

Tires-Potenzas

TRD CAI

TRD Springs

TRD Strut Brace

Hella Horns

Optima Battery

I've got the All-Weather Package on my '01 Corolla LE. I like the idea of the vents under the front seats for the rear passengers. I often run the A/C through the floor vents as well as the dash vents, and think it probably helps cool the car more 'thoroughly' (that is to say, more heat is removed from the interior of the car instead of just doing spot cooling on me) and so on errands in the summer the car cools off more quickly. The same would go for heating, by warming more surfaces in the car, the car stays warmer when stopped.

I would like to put some booster fans in those ducts under the seats, maybe have them come on automatically when the heater is set to recirculate.

Another thing-- I'd like to disable the automatic A/C when I use the defroster mode. I know it clears the windows faster, but on some days I just like having the air moving but I don't want to be running the A/C, wasting my fuel. Any simple way to do that?

The AW package is standard in the Midwest. I think they also add a plastic shroud to the ventilation intake to avoid icing. But otherwise, the rear set floor vents is the other addition. It may also get a larger heater core.

As for disabling the A/C in defrost mode. I agree only because in sub 70 degree but damp weather I"ve had teh coil ice over after about 30 minutes. This then completely bocks air flow. You are forced to switch the vent settign and wait for it to defrost. The system needs a timer or flow sensor to shut off the compressor in this situation. Also in the winter, runnign the compressor seems unnessesary, but I still like to run the air over the windows.

On the other hand increased fuel consumption from using the A/C appears to be negligeable. Maybe 1/2 mpg at most. Thsi is a very efficient compressor.

I don't know if it's THAT efficient, I can sure feel the difference in performance when it's switched on.

I suppose I could poke around inside to see if I can find the switch that links the AC to the defrost position. If I do, I'll post instructions/pics...

Topic List